Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone - Kat Rosenfield Without its lush and beautiful prose, Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone would probably only receive a 2 star rating. Although gripping at times, the mystery sputtered and the plot meandered confusedly. I feel like these problems could have been improved upon if Rosenfield occasionally sacrificed beautiful writing for better pacing and easier comprehension (sometimes, I'd have to reread sections because the storyline jumped without warning). Despite these issues, I enjoyed Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone for its gorgeous writing and exploration of timeless coming-of-age themes. The juxtaposition of Amelia's story, a girl on the cusp of an exciting yet unanticipated entry into the "real world", to Becca's, a girl ready to leave her small town yet drawn back to it by love for her high school sweetheart, allows for thoughtful comparison of their trajectories and what it really means to grow up and move on. In the stunning and shocking conclusion, we see that no matter how hard it is, no matter how afraid we are, we must always try to move forward, even if that means we might end up "gone."